2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster L4-1.8L Turbo (AMU)
|Service and Repair
Service and Repair
Starter - 132kw And 165kw Engines, Removing And Installing
CAUTION: Before beginning repairs on the electrical system:
- Obtain the anti-theft radio security code.
- Switch the ignition off.
- Disconnect the battery Ground (GND) strap.
- After reconnecting battery, re-code and check operation of anti-theft radio. Also check operation of clock and power windows according to Owner's Manual.
- Remove battery.
- Remove battery mounting platform.
- Remove bolts -arrows- and bolt for air cleaner housing on battery mounting platform.
- Remove bolts -3- and nut -2-
- Remove bolts -2- from support -1- at long-member.
Continued for all models
- Separate connection -2- and remove from retainer.
- Disconnect cable -4- (terminal B+). Tightening torque: 16 Nm
- Unplug connector -3- (terminal 50).
- Release wiring guide -arrow- and detach wiring harnesses from plastic clip -1-.
- Pull plastic clip -1- off metal bracket -3-.
- Remove nut -2- and detach metal bracket -3- from starter securing bolt -4-.
- Remove combi-bolts -1- and -2-. Tightening torque: 65 Nm
- Lift out starter.
- Install in reverse order of removal
- Install battery mounting platform.
- Install battery .