2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster L4-1.8L Turbo (AMU)
|Vehicles With High Pressure Sensor - G65 -
Vehicles With High Pressure Sensor - G65 -
Coolant Fan Control (FC) Module -J293- (Vehicles With High Pressure Sensor -G65-), Electrical Testing
Terminal assignments at -J293- (vehicles with -G65-)
Location: In engine compartment on left long member
- Activates coolant fan (s) -V7 (speeds 1 and 2)
- Activates A/C clutch -N25
- Processes the square-wave signal from high pressure sensor
-G65- and sends a positive signal to -E87- to indicate the refrigerant
system pressure is OK.
- Switches on after-run coolant pump -V51 (if equipped) for
continued coolant circulation when the ignition is switched on. The
pump continues to operate for a short time after the ignition has been
- The following -J293- connector A terminals are vacant:
- Terminal 1 (on vehicles without after-run coolant pump -V51-)
- Terminals 3, 5, 11 and 14
- -J293- connector A,, terminal 13 is intended for disengaging
-A/C clutch -N25- when the instrument cluster sends "excessive coolant
temperature" signal. As disengagement of - N25- also takes place via
the A/C control head - E87-, -J293- terminal 13 may be vacant on some
vehicles, dependant of vehicle wiring configuration.
- The function of Coolant Fan Control (FC) Module -J293 and
vehicle wiring layout will vary depending on whether vehicle is
equipped with A/C pressure switch -F129 or high pressure sensor -G65-.
- Various versions of Coolant Fan Control (FC) Module -J293-,
used in conjunction with high pressure sensor -G65- may be installed.
At the time of publishing however, All TT equipped with -J293- / -G65-
have version where coolant fan(s) -V7- speed 1 is always switched on
automatically whenever the A/C clutch -N25- is energized (regardless of
refrigerant system pressure).
Terminal assignments and switching conditions (high pressure sensor -G65-)
Terminal -1- Ground (GND)
Terminal -2- Signal output (square-wave signal to -J293- and ECM )
Terminal -3- Positive (terminal 15)
- When electrical connector at -B- is disconnected, the A/C clutch -N25- cannot be activated.
- High pressure sensor -A- transmits a square-wave signal at a
pulse rate that varies according to the refrigerant system pressure.
Switching conditions - Coolant Fan Control (FC) Thermoswitch -F18/- F54
- -F54- between terminals 1 and 2: Closes at approx. 95 ÉC (-V7- switched to speed 1).
- -F18- between terminals 3 and 2: Closes at approx. 102 ÉC (-V7- switched to speed 2).
Test step 1 - Voltage supply, Ground (GND) supply
|Test Step 1.1 - 1.4
Test step 2 - Activation of coolant fan(s) -V7-
|Test Step 2.1 - 2.2
|Test Step 2.3
Test step 3 - Activation of A/C clutch -N25-
|Test Step 3.1 - 3.2
|Test Step 3.3 - 3.4
|Test Step 3.5
Test step 4 - Signal from high pressure sensor -G65-
|Test Step 4